Rock'n In 2018
Author: Jon Edmiston
One of my favorite quotes is:
Most of us aren’t in danger of ruining our lives. We’re in danger of wasting them..
This quote haunts me this time of year. I want to make sure I’m not the same person at the end of the year. It causes me to look
back to check my progress as well as to look forward to areas I want to improve.
As a community we should all be thinking about how we can move Rock forward together. I would encourage you to think about how
you can best support the community and in what ways you’d like to grow.
To help get the juices flowing, I’ve provided a few ideas. Don’t limit yourself to them, but they’re a good start.
- Learn Lava – Don’t be intimidated any longer. Jump in and get your feet wet. We have several videos in RockU to help you get started
and don’t be shy about asking for help in the #lava channel in Slack.
- Share A Recipe – Have you implemented Rock in a unique way? Share your success, no matter how big or small, on the Rock
Communitiy's blog Shoulder the Boulder. Jump into the #shouldertheboulder channel in Slack to figure out how to get your article
- Attend a Master Class – Deepen your knowledge of Rock by attending one of our Master Classes. In this intense three-day class
you’ll learn Rock inside and out. Register Today.
- Join us For RX 2018 – Our Rock Experience conference is the highlight
event for the Rock community. You’ll learn a ton, but more importantly you’ll meet new people and see how others are shaping Rock
to meet the unique needs of their organizations. Register today.
- Assist Others – Everyone can help someone. Make a conscious effort to
respond to people in Slack and our Q&A site. Make a goal to help a certain number of people a
week or month.
- Help With Issues – You don’t need to be a programmer to help us solve issues. We need help in confirming reported issues and
providing more details. This saves valuable time and resources for our developers and will help you learn more about Rock. You can
find out more on our Get Involved page.
- Contribute – Be a cheerleader for Rock inside of your organization. Your contributions are what power Rock and keep it moving forward. Find out more about how to contribute to Rock.
What goal you pursue isn't as important as the fact that you pursue something. Don't be the same person you were in 2017!